Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
Home Instructions Before Oral Surgery
Please follow these instructions to prepare for oral surgery with IV Sedation.
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking for at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home. We prefer NO CHILDREN the day of surgery
- Children under the age of 18 MUST be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear short sleeves, as that allows the doctor to monitor your blood pressure.
- Please do not wear contact lenses for surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Drs. LaTocha or Cwik prior to your surgical date for instructions.