Do you have insurance, YES?
- As a courtesy to you, we will submit claims to your insurance carrier. If ample time is given, we will provide an insurance estimate to you for services over $1,000.00; however it is not a guarantee that your insurance will pay exactly as estimated. Your insurance coverage may be subject to limitations, exclusions, waiting periods, frequency, age restrictions, deductible and maximums which are the patient’s responsibility.
- At the time of the procedure, we will require the estimated patient amount not covered by your insurance to be paid in full by cash, credit card, bank check or CareCredit.
If ample time is not given and an insurance estimate is not obtained, a DEPOSIT will be required as follows:
- Services under $400: a dental claim will be submitted to your insurance company and a $100 deposit is due at the time of procedure.
- Services under $1,000: a dental claim will be submitted to your insurance company and a $400 deposit is due at the time of procedure.
- Services up to $2,500: a dental claim will be submitted to your insurance company and a $700 deposit is due at the time of the procedure.
- Services over $2,500 will require a 50% deposit at the time of the procedure. Once the dental claim has been processed, if there is a patient overpayment, a check will be issued for the amount. If there is a balance outstanding, the patient will receive a statement and will be required to submit payment within 30 days.
Do you have Insurance, NO?
- If treatment is under $500, payment is required in full at time of service.
- If treatment is over $500, a 50% deposit of the total fee will be due at the time of service. As a courtesy, we can set-up an automatic payment with a valid credit card for the remaining 50% balance over the following (3) months.